AboutGreat Bridge Christian Academy
Our school is an educational ministry of Great Bridge Free Will Baptist Church. We exist because of our church, and we operate in harmony with our other church ministries. Great Bridge Christian Academy is celebrating its 19th anniversary and fifth graduating class this year! The academy has over 250 students in the student body, early childhood development, and after school programs.
What We Stand For
We believe that Christian education is a mandate from God for the Christian family (Matthew 28:18-20). Because of Scripture verses like Proverbs 19:28, Proverbs 22:6, Deuteronomy 6:6 and Colossians 2:8, we believe we must provide an atmosphere conducive to the precepts of the Bible. We support parents that teach their children biblical morals, such as truthfulness, honesty, patriotism, faithfulness and a high regard for standards. Every subject is taught in light of the biblical truth. We accept God’s Word as the final authority. Our school is an educational ministry of Great Bridge Free Will Baptist Church. We exist because of our church, and we operate in harmony with our other church ministries.
Teaching the Professionals of tomorrow
Why Christian Education?
Our Statements of Faith
- We believe in the plenary, verbal inspiration of the Word of God – the only infallible and authoritative rule of faith and practice.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, and His virgin birth and sinless life, and His mercies in his vicarious death through His shed blood, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and His personal pre-millennium return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of the lost, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe salvation is by grace through faith alone.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and lost; the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and the saved unto the resurrection of life eternal.
- We believe in the Genesis account of the creation of man and are opposed to the theory of evolution.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The teacher is in charge of the classroom.
- The teacher is responsible for providing a structured atmosphere in which the students will learn.
- The teacher has the authority to administer discipline to each child.
- Homework is assigned regularly and is expected to be completed on time.
- Our textbooks are God-centered, teaching spiritual truths, morality, and patriotism.
- The classroom is paced for the average to above average student.
- Drill work and memorization are key tools in instruction.
- Reading is taught by phonics.
- The teachers are professional in manner, but servant-minded.
- The learning takes place in this order: control, communication, and learning.
- Rules and standards are not obsolete and outdated.
- God’s word is truth. We are in opposition to progressive education in which the emphasis is upon the following: questioning absolute answers, experimentation, the innate goodness of man, the suppressing of discipline, the relativity of all things (including moral), and omitting God and His word from the educational process.
We Are Providing an Environment for Our Students to Grow & Excel
Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in omniem aperiam, eaquae vitae dicta sunt.
A Message From
Our Head of School
Moses shows us how God views the importance of Christian education when he commands in the Shema that no matter what time of day it is or what they are doing they are to be reminded and focused on God’s Word:
Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one! You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates (Deuteronomy 6:4-9).
And the Psalmist, writing to God’s people, summarizes the mission of Christian education:
The Christian school, working together with the Christian home and the church, exists to fulfill these scriptural promises. The Christian school longs to introduce its students to the source of all truth. Therefore, the decision for a Christian education is the best choice a family can make!
Great Bridge Christian Academy has attained full accreditation through the National Association of Private Schools. GBCA is also a member of the Association of Christian Schools International. We are working through the process of becoming fully accredited through the Association of Christian Schools International.
What Parents are Saying